Tom – Assistant Manager
Tom joined us as Assistant Manager when we reopened after the third lockdown. He has fit in excellently with his role and is an asset to the management team.
1) What is your favourite drink to make?
“My favourite drink to make is a Hendricks Gin & Tonic. A tumbler, full of ice, shot of Hendricks, slices of cucumber, cracked black pepper & finished with a Fentimans Mediterranean Tonic. Yum!”
2) What is something people in your industry have to deal with that you want to fix?
“I think it would definitely be to encourage customer patience! Occasionally, people forget we’re all human and mistakes do happen – I’d love for everyone to remember that!”
3) What is the hardest thing about being a manager?
“Delegating – but within reason. There’s a fine line between being friendly and approachable to the team but remaining professional too.”
4) What do you enjoy most about working at The Sun, and which shift is your favourite?
“Knowing that in this industry you tend to sign every weekend away as it’s just part and parcel of working in hospitality. However, working at the Sun we have a weekend on/weekend off rota – which makes the work life balance so much better. You don’t get that in many bars/venues! My favourite shift is definitely a 7am-5pm. A nice breakfast shift and then finish the day ready for the evening.”
5) What is your favourite quote?
“Eat, sleep, SUN, repeat”
6) What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
“I love Kayaking in the nearby Lake District and walking my dog, Boedi. He is a 1-year-old Beagle / Cocker Spaniel cross and is so full of beans. He’s only young so he keeps us on our toes but he’s worth it!”